Access Statement for Silkmore House Bed and Breakfast
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our home based bed and breakfast. We have two rooms available a double bedded room and a twin bedded room. Only one room is let at a time unless you, as a family or friends are happy to share the one private bathroom. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
We can be contacted by either email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone in the daytime 01483 284109, and in the evenings on 01483 282042
· Our website address is www.silkmorehouse.com which provides information on our house, location, directions, local attractions, prices etc.
· By special arrangement, we can meet guests at the nearest station Horsley which is approx. 2 miles away in East Horsley or provide you with telephone numbers of local taxi companies.
· As an old listed building there are constraints within the structure of the building and we are currently unable to offer dedicated rooms and facilities for the less able. However, please call to discuss your requirements and if we feel we are unable to accommodate any potential guest comfortably, we will make every attempt to suggest a suitable alternative within the area.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
On arrival at the property, Silkmore is
the 7th house on the left, the entrance to the drive is on a slight bend in the
lane. There is a
parking space for guests on the right hand side. Upon request, we
can open the gate for you to drive down the driveway (one car width) approx 100m to the front of the house, however there is no
turning area so you will need to reverse back up to park your car.
· You will find a ships bell to ring at the front door (shoulder height) There is also a knocker on the door.
· The drive and front door areas are lit at night.
· The drive surface is level flat gravel
· There are flag stones immediately in front of the front door.
· We are happy to assist guests with luggage from their car to the bedroom
· We will require guests to register with us upon arrival.
Main Entrance, Reception
There are no steps leading into the house, nor or there any on the ground floor.
· The front door is generally bolted
· The front door of the porch area is approx. 84cm wide which leads left via a narrow passageway of approx. 1m into the hall and to the right into the dining room
· The hall measures approx 4.2m x 3.30m
· Seating is provided
· Fully carpeted
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
The floors downstairs for public use are all carpeted
· The dining room is to the right of the front door entrance, along a short narrow passageway.
· The dining room is low ceilinged with beams - height approx 189, doorway width approx 65cm
· The dining table height from floor to underside is approx 67cm
· The staircase to the bedrooms on the first floor is accessed via the hall on the right hand side.
· The staircase is not steep with 11 steps the height of which is 17cm the width of the staircase is 70cm. Fitted with a sturdy handrail on left hand side as you ascend
is kept on throughout the night for the staircase and landing areas
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, hall
Hall, dining room, staircase , landing, private bathroom and bedrooms described in each particular section
Guests WC is on the first floor in the private bathroom.
may use the downstairs WC upon request, which is at the foot of the stairs.
Breakfast is served in the dining room on the ground floor.
· The chairs can be moved upon request.
· A Breakfast Menu is available in large print upon request.
· We do not play background music in the dining room unless requested
tea is available upon reservation and can be taken in the dining room or
We offer a limited laundry service, please ask for details.
The local post office and general store is approx. half a mile away. If you have forgotten anything, please ask us first to see if we can be of help.
There is a public children’s play area at the top of the lane and public tennis courts in the village
· There is a good network of public footpaths in the village
· Great choice of things to see and do locally. Please refer to our website.
A wooden garden table with sun shade and benches are available for guests use.
tennis table is available.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
Bedroom No. 1
· Door width 70cm
· 4ft 6 x 6ft 3 Double bed.
· 1 x Armchair
· 2 side chairs
· Bedroom No.2 Twin Bedded room.
The two single beds may be pushed together
· 2 Armchairs
· Door width 61cm
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
The Bathroom is located next door to the twin bedded room and within a couple of metres from the double bedded room
· The Door width is 70cm and opens inwards
· The bathroom is carpeted.
· The toilet is 39cm high
· The bath is 158cm long and height of 54cm. It is also fitted with an electric power shower
· The basin is inset set into a vanity unit at 14cm. The height of the vanity unit is 84cm
a heated towel rail/radiator
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
Please refer to our website for suggestions on places to visit and things to do.
Grounds and Gardens
We have a large garden at the front of the
house which is flat . To the rear is a large garden.
The upper lawn area is accessible via a gentle slope of approx. 2m. There is
garden furniture available for guests use and a table tennis table for the more
Mobile phone reception is reasonably good.
· In emergency, residents will be alerted personally. The two main exits being via the front door and the back kitchen door - there is a third exit to the side of the house.
· The guests rooms, landing, hall, the sitting room next to the kitchen are all fitted with smoke alarms
· Please let us know of any special requirements at the time of booking
· Fire extinguishers are wall fitted outside the guest bathroom, near the dining room and in the kitchen
· Smoking is not permitted in the house.
· Assembly point is on the front lawn
· Printed Details re emergency procedures are available in the guests bedroom
Telephone: DAYTIME 01483 284109
FROM ABROAD, PREFIX THE AREA CODE NUMBER WITH 44 delete 0 e.g. 00 44 1483 284109
MOBILE 077345 14276
Fax: 01483 284109
FROM ABROAD 00 44 1483 284109
Hours of operation: Generally check in is available from 4.30pm to 10.00pm. Departures are requested by 10.30am the following morning. (Other times by arrangement)
Emergency number: 999
Our mobile No. 077345 14276
• future plans to be considered
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your
feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone
01483284109 or email email@example.com